Parents with primary school kids will remember the beginning of each school year when school books arrive home to be contacted. We would either love the idea of contacting our children’s books or absolutely detest the idea! I secretly enjoyed contacting my kid’s books, but have always kept this my little secret. There really is no “in between”!
Miss Laura has come up with a fabulous idea (which she’s tested on her own children) using left over clear contact. This clever craft activity creates little mess, is extremely simple (even for young toddlers), is no fuss and is a great rainy day activity which you can complete from the comfort and security of your home.
What I like most about this activity is that older and younger children can join in on the fun. Older children can get sophisticated and create detailed mosaics, whilst younger children will enjoy using their creativity!
This is another fantastic screen free activity for our preschoolers and older children alike. Have fun and remember, you can really use anything that you find at home!
what you will need:
- Clear contact paper
- Permanent marker (optional)
- Craft pieces (anything you can find). For example:
- Paddlepop sticks
- Pom poms
- Coloured feathers
- Coloured paper in different shapes and sizes
- Googly eyes
1. Cut out a large piece of clear contact paper. Make sure to keep the backing paper on.
2. If you want to be like Miss Laura, draw a heart or other shape (fairy, ballerina etc) on the contact side using a permanent marker.
3. Place some blu-tak on the corners of the clear contact paper. Ensure that the blu-tak is on the contact side and not on the backing paper.
4. Place the piece of contact on the wall and remove the backing paper. You can always blu-tak the clear contact onto a table instead.
5. Use your imagination and place the craft pieces onto the clear contact. Voila – you have your own piece of creative craft!
like to share?
What has your ballerina been up to today? Tag us in your pics and videos on Insta @tinytoesballet or email email@example.com and we’ll share them online and with your gorgeous ballet teacher! xoxo
obligation free trial
If you have a two to seven-year-old who loves to twirl and leap, our dance school’s ballet & dance classes might be the right fit for your child. Why not come along and trial our kids ballet & dance classes.
Call us on (02) 9620 9620 for an obligation-free trial class.
We have ballet & dance classes located at Baulkham Hills, Beaumont Hills, Castle Hill, Chatswood, Cherrybrook, Concord, Crows Nest, Five Dock, Kellyville, Rouse Hill, The Ponds, Wentworth Point and Winston Hills.
can’t find what you’re looking for?
Click on Our Timetable or Our Prices for more information on our kids ballet & dance classes.