Whilst browsing for something for my own little ballerina to do whilst stuck in lockdown, I stumbled across a fantastic webpage – Popsicle Stick Ballerinas!
It’s another great craft idea that’s easy to do, makes little mess and again, you and your ballerina can do this from the comfort and security of your home.
This is a fantastic screen free activity for our preschoolers and older children alike. Have fun and remember, you can use anything that you can find at home!
what you will need:
- Popsicle (paddlepop) sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Cupcake liners
- Coloured textas and pens
- Coloured paper (to make a hair bow for your ballerina)
- Optional – glitter, stickers, rhinestones, glitter glue (to make your ballerina unique, just like you)
2. Repeat for each ballerina you are making.
3. Next, take your textas and pens and draw a face, hair and of course, don’t forget their ballet shoes!!!
4. Using coloured paper, cut out a cute hair bow and glue this to your ballerina.
5. Wrap and bend the pipe cleaner around the popsicle stick a few times to make your ballerina’s arms.
6. Now it’s time to make your ballerina pretty and sparkly, just like you! Use your stickers, glitter and rhinestones to make it your own.
prefer video? follow these step by step instructions by miss gabby:
some of my favourite popsicle stick ballerinas:
like to share?
What has your ballerina been up to today? Tag us in your pics and videos on Insta @tinytoesballet or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share them online and with your gorgeous ballet teacher! xoxo
obligation free trial
If you have a two to seven-year-old who loves to twirl and leap, our dance school’s ballet & dance classes might be the right fit for your child. Why not come along and trial our kids ballet & dance classes.
Call us on (02) 9620 9620 for an obligation-free trial class.
We have ballet & dance classes located at Baulkham Hills, Beaumont Hills, Castle Hill, Chatswood, Cherrybrook, Concord, Crows Nest, Five Dock, Kellyville, Rouse Hill, The Ponds, Wentworth Point and Winston Hills.
can’t find what you’re looking for?
Click on Our Timetable or Our Prices for more information on our kids ballet & dance classes.
Like what you see?
We'd love to hear from you
(02) 9620 9620
Pop your info below for a trial lesson at one of our classes. We’ll show you how to twirl and answer any questions you may have.
No obligation. Just lots of MAGIC!
We’ll call you back in a jiffy.