Whilst browsing for something for my own little ballerina to do whilst stuck in lockdown, I stumbled across a fantastic webpage – Popsicle Stick Ballerinas!
It’s another great craft idea that’s easy to do, makes little mess and again, you and your ballerina can do this from the comfort and security of your home.
This is a fantastic screen free activity for our preschoolers and older children alike. Have fun and remember, you can use anything that you can find at home!
what you will need:
- Popsicle (paddlepop) sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Cupcake liners
- Coloured textas and pens
- Coloured paper (to make a hair bow for your ballerina)
- Optional – glitter, stickers, rhinestones, glitter glue (to make your ballerina unique, just like you)
1. Flatten and fold your cupcake liners in half and glue them to the centre of the popsicle stick. This will be your ballerina’s tutu.
2. Repeat for each ballerina you are making.
3. Next, take your textas and pens and draw a face, hair and of course, don’t forget their ballet shoes!!!
4. Using coloured paper, cut out a cute hair bow and glue this to your ballerina.
5. Wrap and bend the pipe cleaner around the popsicle stick a few times to make your ballerina’s arms.
6. Now it’s time to make your ballerina pretty and sparkly, just like you! Use your stickers, glitter and rhinestones to make it your own.
some of my favourite popsicle stick ballerinas:
like to share?
What has your ballerina been up to today? Tag us in your pics and videos on Insta @tinytoesballet or email email@example.com and we’ll share them online and with your gorgeous ballet teacher! xoxo
ballet classes online
Are you missing your weekly ballet fix? Missing one of your adorable ballet teachers? Would you like to watch your darling smiling, laughing and twirling from the comfort and security of your own home?
Tiny Toes Ballet is proud to announce that online ballet classes for our ballerinas and danseurs are NOW online!
We have been working diligently behind the scenes to deliver to you our magical award winning program by some of your most loved, joyful and sparkly ballet teachers and based on the internationally recognised Royal Academy of Dance syllabus.
So, hold onto your teddies, ribbon sticks, fairy wands and ballet shoes! We’re dancing up a storm!